New knob

johny

Sorry couldnt resist the title as have just fitted one of these to my Vitesse for 7 quid. I find it a big improvement at 51mm in diameter cos its so much easier to grip and avoid poor changes. I know the purists probably wont like it (even I might do something about the number of speeds shown) but I think anything that gives my gearbox an easier life is a good idea...

Universal-Car-Black-6-Speed-Leather-Manual-Gear-Shift-Knob-Shifter-Stick

Ooo er Mrs!

I got a nice wooden one from the club shop. A friend tells me replacements can be hollow and amplify vibration from the gearbox, but I can't say I've noticed.

You can get plastic Triumph decals that might fit in place of the existing one.

badge.PNG.67fe522da27a9e6c8f284ac43fa63397.PNG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Triumph-Spitfire-GT6-TR2-3-4-5-6-7-Gear-Knob-Steering-Wheel-Badge-Emblem/223180721829?hash=item33f69b8ea5:g:1YsAAOSwSc1buzct:rk:4:pf:0

Doug

Wish it gave me 6 gears!

I had a wooden one before but as I say it was quite small where as now Ive got a big one and its a much better fit in my hand (perhaps I shouldnt have started this thread).

The top of the new one is curved so wouldnt take anything stuck onto it and if I try levering it off I might ruin the whole thing.....