Topping up gearbox / overdrive

iana

On 29/07/2019 at 15:37, iana said:

Last time I topped the gearbox up I had intended to replace the tunnel with a modern grp one but couldnt get one in time, I am now getting the seats repaired so decided to replace the tunnel why the car has less in it - Im fitting a grp with a side access panel so filling / checking will be more straight forward from now on. I removed the tunnel today and it appears theres still an oil leak, I think its either the top gasket or where the gear change comes out of the box. I was also checking for breather vents - where are they located. Is there a guide to fitting the rebush kit or is it fairly obvious once you start?

Is this the breather?

InkedIMG_0752_LI.jpg

That's a pin, that locates the gear change extension onto the top of the gear box.   It should project upwards, to locate into the corresponding hole in the lid.   

Your DPO has either driven it down for some unknown DPO reason,  or else tightened the bolts without ensuring that it was entered in the hole, and so driven it down.

John

• Like 1

On 30 July 2019 at 14:56, Colin Lindsay said:

Catalogue says rivet fitted on non O/D only, so don't have one myself to go out and look. 

The parts book says the top cover breather plug is fitted with overdrive only, which is my recollection from a previous thread on here - the idea was to have only a single breather.

Gully

• 4 weeks later...