Underside colour opinions

Hi. Im part way through my first classic resto, Spitfire 1500.

Had it blasted, Completed all welding and repairs underneath, etch primed then sprayed black stone chip on to it.

Just wandering what peoples opinions/experiences am in regards to either leaving the underside black and applying a gloss black top coat to the stone chip or spraying it body colour?

Thanks in advance

I’m going with body colour on mine as it’s light grey, but did consider painting chassis and underside black.

Unfortunately, given the light sucking qualities of black, I figured it would be easier to spot damage to the paintwork on the light grey, and make it easier to see generally under the car.

Karl

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Underseal is nice. I have MOT advisories "Excessive underseal" 

Doug

I'll bet it's nowhere nearly as bad as my 1200, which when purchased had underseal right up both sides of the engine, all suspension components, and even the steering rack and bonnet springs. I'm STILL trying to chip it off odd parts for the restoration.

engineo:s.JPG

Thanks for the input.

8 hours ago, dave.vitesse said:

A 1500 should be Black. The change from body colour to black on Triumphs was made around 1966/7.

Dave

Ok Dave thanks. If black was the original then i think il go with that to be honest. Then il paint over the stonechip inside the arches and bulk head body colour.