Vitesse Seats

iana

When I purchased the car I knew the drivers seat needed a repair, I also suspected that the strap kit was past its best on the drivers side. I purchased the strap kit and disassembled the seat back only to find all straps are broken and the sprung metal edge is also broken. The straps are an easy fix however the sprung metal side pieces are not listed as available. Rimmers list a conversion foam / strap kit (this replaces the sprung edges). I'm now thinking a complete seat refurb rather than a repair - any recommendations for trimmers or comments on the conversion foam  (guessing its a Newton Commercial product as its on Rimmers site).

Another vote for MGF seats . Comfortable , fully adjustable , headrests . I have the black leather option and are in keeping with the Vitesse . The conversion is straight first and instructions on this forum 

Paul 

• Thanks 1

I had a complete interior re-trim/rebuild kit off Canley Classics for the Shadow Blue Interior of my MK2 Vitesse Convertible, this being one of the Newton Commercial kits.

It was excellent quality, after stripping down and having the seat frames blasted and painted, my Brother-in-law rebuilt the front & rear seats and made an excellent job.

I also fitted early MGF Seats later, again re-trim kits were purchased off Newtons and once again an excellent result.

I managed to find someone local to me to fit the MGF Seat Covers at a reasonable cost

Here's a couple of Photo's of the Originals and the MGF upgrade   

Vitesse Interior 3 - 2013.JPG

MGF Seats In a Vitesse.jpg

• Thanks 1

The MGF seats don't (easily) tip forward, but they do slide a long way forward on their runners, leaving a decent gap behind.  MX5 seats do tip forward and some versions are also narrow enough to recline past the hood bin (assuming convertible) which the MGF ones definitely are not.

Have MGF ones in my Vitesse and actually find it more comfortable for very long journeys than even my (former) A8.  Having done an RBRR and several 10CRs they have been very thoroughly tested!

Nick

1 hour ago, iana said:

Thanks for the idea of the mx5 or mgf seats, how is access to the back of the car with the alternatives fitted (we need to tip the seats forward for our dogs to get onto the back seat)

Hi . The MGF seats slide forward and our dog can be easily seated. Pete did a tilt forward conversion on his seats. Pretty sure he’ll be along to explain . If you want to go a stage further you can add a heated seat conversion which I have done 

Paul

I was trying to keep the car fairly standard but the mgf seats do look more comfortable than the standard seat. Need to decide fairly quickly as the current seats are head together with zip ties and string. It’s a shame really that the metal springs are broken and unobtainable as I like the original patina etc of the current seats (albeit a small repair is needed)

buy your pirelli webbing of the bay by the  roll 

fold it round the tube in a P   and staple it together 

dont ask how you tension it 

refitting covers use an old net curtain or bin liner allows the cover to slide over without 

needing 6 shreaded wheat

Pete

Pete that was what I’d been looking at but the bits I can’t replace are the side springs, held together short term with zip ties, insulation tape etc and even an electrical choc block (a total bodge to get by short term) I was hoping I could have bent some replacements but the steel of the originals is very hard. Thanks for the bin liner tip!25A1E336-F8A9-4377-A24B-70708AF4811D.thumb.jpeg.bd6d52ee8a51a64350c999ff4288caa7.jpeg

D6DF2AC1-5B55-4B35-87F9-0C064DC39D50.jpeg

Its an amazing sick design, many  seats  are a complete nightmare cross breeding with a typewriter

I did my vitesse seats but soon after fitted  the Mgf  , driven by lack of headrest  on the originals.

I also rebuilt my 2000 seats again designed by someone with the will to defy sense wires and bungy in all directions 

No has  Alfa seats in the front .

Fitting covers .....use cable ties.... not hog rings 

Pete