Herald Accelerator Pedal Location

caleyJim

Hi

I've replaced the driver's floorpan on my Herald and scrapped the old one without taking note of where the accelerater peddle was! (Idiot!) Now I could take an educated guess but I wonder if someone could enlighten me as to its correct placement?

Many thanks.

Jim

• 8 years later...

Hi Jim!  If you look at my site ref Acc Pedals there are some photos of Floor Plans and the Different Pedals on there?  Like you I had my Floor Plan changed due to rot and there where no fitting marks , so I had to place the Pedal Fittings and see which was the best for me on my Vitesse 1600/6!

Cheers Martyn

Best I can do at present; underfelt has been fitted on the other side. If you look at the pattern on the upper side of the floorpan you'll see a rectangular, level area and this is where the pedal goes. Some aftermarket floorpans have a slightly different pattern, on my 1200 convertible there isn't the same pattern of ribs but this one below is the proper factory position complete with strengthener plate.

DSCF8983.thumb.jpeg.c9e274bf569dd9665a81b72ae051485a.jpeg  

Depending upon how'Original' you want it, you may want to look at fitting a 'Drop down' version as GT6/some Spitfires. I was having bothe with my foot touching the cable outer and not enough pedal travel. The drop down mod gives more travel and smoother control. Do a search on this forum, for 'Drop down pedal' and you may find it if interested.