New here

Hi all I’m new here as if just bought a herald 13/60 & over the moon with it ☺️

The car is very solid & original other than many new parts fitted over the years inc full restoration 18yrs ago, it got dry stored 10yrs ago but run often with oil changes so all in good order! 

My only niggle at the moment is..... please don’t laugh!  

Is the accelerator pedal meant to be floppy? 😂😂😂 as in move side to side? 

No, but floppy is common.

I would be inclined to undo the cable off the pedal, and the two screws (I think screws, but could be bolts) attaching the pedal bracket to the floor. Then you can inspect it without needing a physio after.

There will be wear in either the holes in the pedal, holes on the bracket or the pin. Or all 3.

Solutions would be replacement, or drilling out and a largen pin, or welding up the holes and redrilling.

herald1360_plate_w.jpg

The bracket and springs are available new, but not the pedal. If you're doing any drilling or remedial work, do it to the bracket - I'm thinking a bigger bolt might help (part 6 above), bolt being the word in case parts of yours have worn and the original size of pin is no longer a good fit. Get the best fit for the accelerator and if needs be drill the bracket to suit. If the mounting holes in the pedal have worn oval, you can either (very carefully) drill them out to a slightly bigger size, or reprofile them by welding and grinding.

Pedals come up second-hand from time to time, but never when you actually need one.

and when its repaired   lubricate it  

when  servicing  ....oil anything that moves  .... keeps   things  alive 

and thats all hinges, all  cables, throttle links , all pedal pivots , seat slides and so on

i mention choke also heater valve as the cables run thro the air plenum they ar not a sealed cable and the inside go very rusty

always worth pull the inner and grease and refit makes them operate without 3 shreaded wheat.

ep90 GL4 oil in front trunnions  gearbox and diff

grease in rear trunnions  & stg  rack 

engine oil 20/50 for engine carb dashpots and general oiling 

dot4 brake fluid

blue antifreeze not the red stuff

pete