Seat belts

aggie

I have just bought a pair of " Securon " seat belts to go in my Mk1 Spitfire but the fitting instructions are absolute rubbish.  There are 3 pre-installed mounting points on the car, one either side and to the rear of the seat and one towards the top of the wheel arch.  Okay, the one to the rear left is obviously for the stalk which leaves the other two.  However the  belt has 3 mounting points ?  Try as I might I cannot figure out how to fit them.  Anybody out there fitted these before ?

Wonder if you have a set for a four door car, retractor on floor up to shoulder hight on B post then through buckle and back to bottom of B post three mounting points plus stalk.

Have securon in my Vitesse convertible retractor on rear wheel arch then over shoulder through buckle back to bottom of B post, two mounting points plus stalk.

In both cases stalk on the transmission tunnel.

Regards

Paul

Hmm,  I think I follow you, by stalk do you mean the bit the belt socket plugs into? If so that goes in the middle not the outside. The socket is by the tunnel. the anchor point reel (they are inertia reel?!!) behind the seat to the outside of the car and the top of the wheel arch positions the belt across the shoulder.

Doug

Thank you both. Looking at the illustrations on the Securon website I must have the wrong set.  Some have 4 fixing points and some have 3.  If there are 3 location points on the car then, logically, I guess I would need the set that has 3 fixing points.  Will need to speak to Rimmerbros about this.

Regards, Alun.

Later spitfires had inert three point seat belts fitted. Inertia reel fitted on rear wheel arch,the other end fitted by the floor between the rear of the seat and the sill. The  clasp/stalk fitted on the tunnel - the raised section at the rear of the seat where the tunnel flattens out next to the rear heel board.

Hopefully that helps.

Graham