spin off filter for vitesse 1600

Bobtaylor

Hi, I have just purchased a spin off conversion from the club shop.  I have taken off the original filter and it is clear that the breather pipe assembly will be in the way of screwing the filter on after the adaptor is in place!!

Any ideas? 

Bob

That's right. The spin-on adaptor for the six is designed for the later cars with the closed breather system. It's a pretty tight fit on a Vitesse even then. On early 2000 saloons it's less of a problem because the filter can point downwards - no chassis in the way. I believe Pete Lewis did fit one to a 1600 but had to "adjust" the breather pipe somewhat. There was a thread about it some time last year.

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2020 at 06:03, ahebron said:

I had a spacer about made to allow my spin on filter to clear the breather pipe.

I also angle my filter at about 45 degrees up to the front of the car.

Adrian

Mine is also angled up; I was able to unscrew this black filter and replace with a new one earlier in the week without any bother or hitting any obstructions.

483E8E65-E07F-4FBA-B630-B5B075FC2989_1_105_c.jpg.d2c82bf07afed10e889e6b23203dac80.jpg

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Mine is also angled up; I was able to unscrew this black filter and replace with a new one earlier in the week without any bother or hitting any obstructions.

483E8E65-E07F-4FBA-B630-B5B075FC2989_1_105_c.jpg.d2c82bf07afed10e889e6b23203dac80.jpg

No block breather on that one!