Draught Excluder / Gear Box Cover

Paul H

To cover irregularities use the excluder on the cabin floor and on the base of the gearbox cover . I used the excluder using double width . The roll is intended to be split in 2 . I did need to glue as I hadn’t cleaned the area well enough and used Gorilla glue , the one activated with moisture 

Paul 

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Hope you never need to take it off again! The bulkhead is probably permanently fixed to the chassis now.

The glue is used to secure the draught excluder to the gear box cover and to the cabin floor , The cover can then be secured  and removed easily when required 

Paul 

As we all know, the standard seal  really isn’t that good and rather expensive.

-Need something that is thicker, yet compresses easily (so don’t need to resort to  over- use of  powerful sealants or adhesives)yet retains its resilience  and isn’t affected by oil, petrol and  reasonably tolerant of heat - and reasonably cheap.

I have been looking at closed- cell  matting -the sort sold by Machine Mart and B &Q as  “anti-fatigue” floor matting.

I have some samples immersed in oil and petrol for 3 months show which show no signs at all of deterioration.

It looks promising so far and a “tile” certainly produces a  lot of gasket material

Just an idea and  I have yet to try it.

55F04E5C-3728-40D5-A95B-5A4343655498.jpeg

73CD4757-EC2C-4EC7-A272-C9CC2A7DC415.jpeg