Jigsaw Triumph on eBay

Nigel Clark

I don't how many forum members are aware that Mark and Jo Field, formerly of Jigsaw Triumph, now have an eBay shop. I stumbled across it while browsing eBay and trying not to buy stuff I don't really need! There are a lot of interesting parts and a bit of Jigsaw Le Mans Spitfire memorabilia on offer. Here's a link to their shop:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/lemans-r

Now that Jigsaw Triumph is sadly no more, it's good to see Mark and Jo are active offering Triumph parts. I've no idea if this is simply a clear out of old stock after the Jigsaw business had to fold, or a new venture - in which case I wish them the best of luck .

Nigel

On 24/02/2020 at 15:09, Nigel Clark said:

I don't how many forum members are aware that Mark and Jo Field, formerly of Jigsaw Triumph, now have an eBay shop.

Hello Nigel,

I did not realise the connection between the eBay callsign and who fronted it - infact they have been trading on eBay since 2000.

Guessing their new front is the eBay shop, as you say, to get rid of stuff - hopefully their feedback will be better than this latest negative update and I quote:  

stuck a dead cat up my arse

triumph spitfire 64 mk1 for restoration with v5c (#274278103566)

Obviously the buyer was not overly impressed !!

Regards.

Richard.

Hi Richard,

I can't comment on that feedback. When a car is advertised for restoration on eBay, it's best not to expect too much...

However, I do feel sympathy for Mark, he has done a lot for Triumph enthusiasts with his recreation of the Le Mans Spitfire team. Having to step back from Jigsaw due to ill health must have been hard to take.

I simply wish well for Mark and Jo.

Nigel

6 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I think the buyer didn't even turn up, going by the description on the relisted item. Seems a bit unfair to post negative feedback that isn't in any way constructive.

You often see it though Colin and eBay do very little to rectify the situation. I think eBay looks after the buyers more so than sellers, you only need to look at the constraints placed on sellers in dealing with no shows, no payment or adverse unjustified feedback. 

Regards.

Richard.

• 11 months later...

Age old thread I know but I have irregular contact with Mark. After seeing him on the "Bomb" DVDs I realized he has been on Wheeler Dealers and Car SOS. The kids were dead chuffed that Dad knew someone "famous".

I bought my Spitfire mid November and had to source a gearbox so I actually rang him and we worked out a deal on a refurbed 1500 box including prop shaft with u joints. He even took a mangy 1300 box in exchange and we got it all done before 31 Dec. (a whole pallet's worth of parts).

He can very slow on emails but he is trying and both he and his wife have health issues are are very much in the high risk category so you should cut them some slack (meant in a nice way).

For me, I had little time as we had no idea what would happen come 1 Jan. and knowing that he only sells things he has put in his cars made me feel a lot more confident which is something I think we all need.

Didn't the Triumph Heritage society (I may have their name wrong) entrust him with restoring the Herald prototype that was a coupé on one side and a saloon on the other?

You can help him by dealing with him directly and not through evilPay and PayPoor as they take double digit percents off the transaction.

I have not dealt with him since the new "rules" have come into place with shipping to the EU as he had several order to France and Italy I think and he wanted to see how they panned out...