Refitting rear of convertible roof. Tips

Jeffds1360

Don't know if this applies to all models but on my 13/60 it worked well.

Those popper screws that hold the chrome trim around the back can be a right pain when the hole has 'stretched' so I got some U nuts, number 6 are good. Just hold them inside after wriggling hand under hood in half open... or half closed? position and tighten up.  When you cannot reach,  unless you are twizzel,  put some tape on them and stick them in place, then twist your back getting out and screw in. Lovely feeling when they nip up :)

More tips to follow but if you've heard it all before, just let me know!

14 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I think that the age difference between Tony & me is not as great as he likes to think!! One of Gerry Anderson's very early productions.

I used to watch Gerry Anderson productions BW, but can't remember Twizzel for the life of me......

Tony. 

It was torchy, torchy the battery boy :) Twizzle had arms and legs that extended by screwing out!

We'll be onto the flowerpot men next. Even muffin the mule (but that is illegal in Ireland) ... oh dear what a pity for someone 

Had my first relaxing run out of over 10 miles this morning :) even refitted the radio, AM & LW only but Led Zeplin was on so I turned it up with top down and had cyclists furiously pedaling to keep up!

I don't remember Twizzle - apparently he could stretch his arms to any length he wanted (unlike today where people can't even stretch out for the remote control) but I do remember The Flowerpot Men and Andy Pandy (who kept Looby Loo in a hamper at the end of his bed???), but there's no way I'll admit to remembering Muffin the Mule. That was someone else, Officer.

• Haha 1

You see that Pete was about 12 and too 'grown up' for these kiddies programmes. One black and white channel and it had intervals....! 6" screen? Refitted radio... oh? Did I say that before? No FM. BIT LIKE THE 50S ;) Damn... shouting. Tired!

What tyres are best for 2k miles a year ? Soft rubber? Good grip? 20 quid a corner?

34 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Torchy torchy the battery boy, he's a walking talking toy.

Jeff - Stop it. I'll get the blame for that.

.....'press my switch, see my light start to beam. It's the most magic light you, have, seen.

...from memory (...sad...), I haven't looked at the video in Pete's post. Apologies to Tony (Earworm alert)

• Haha 1