13/60 Estate rear seat diaphragm

thescrapman

Slowly working my way through the pile of bits that used to be my Estate and will be again soon, I am trying to sort the rear seat.

Both my good and spare seats have rotten diaphragms, does anyone know a source?

I looked about on line and it seems to show the Estates having strapping not a diaphragm.

Mine both definitely had diaphragms.

May just need to bodge it somehow.

Cheers Colin

Unlike Colin's problem with using straps to replace the diaphragm, I used these substantial straps/bungees on the Dolly Sprint and am very happy but I did add another strap in each direction to those shown in the photo, 

I did the repair 3 years ago and still OK, there is a strong carpet type material (boat carpet) under the normal seat foams, to support and spread the load.

I tried furniture seat webbing it didn't work but I left the outer straps there, from memory it was the 9in solid rubber bungees that worked on the Dolly 

Trumans Dolly Seat Repair.jpg

Very late cars, possibly. My 1200 Estate supplement for the WSM actually shows straps, which surprised me! I've got two rear seats in the garage, ran out to check - the red 13/60 seat has a diaphragm (so I've learned something!) and the earlier 1200 blue and black ones don't (which is not to say that they haven't fallen off! Need to get proper access and see what holes are in the frames, for straps, as I'm 100% certain the diaphragm won't be available these days).