GT6 Mk1 / Mk2 Courtesy Door Light switch part no 606240

rulloyd

Part number 606242, in case you do manage to locate any.

There's a used one on eBay for - Yikes!! - £25!! Jaguar and Morris Minor are fairly close, and Classic Minis use them - made by Linread - but should be cheaper than this one, which is close but not exact:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-INTERIOR-COURTESY-LIGHT-SWITCH-FITS-E-TYPE-C16367/121421324949?hash=item1c45466295:g:SqoAAOxyc2pTbOTi

A word of warning, though - be careful if you buy any kind of aftermarket switch, or a 'similar'-looking replacement. I had two brand new versions fitted to the 1200, then found only recently that I couldn't adjust the door gaps. It was only after hours of trying that I realised the courtesy switch was the wrong shape and was holding the door out by 1/2 an inch. You need the flat variety to the left of the photo, not the one with the offending neck on the right, which is still available from some suppliers but entirely the wrong shape. 

DSCF0063.jpg.d8ed0f506cd402133da7830743093a95.jpg

Vintage lamp parts are selling a NOS pair:

http://vintagelampparts.net/2-nos-linread-courtesy-light-interior-lamp-switches-classic-mini-mk1-cooper/

Hi Rich

I managed to find one for my Mk2 at Beaulieu Auto Jumble about three years ago, but they are rare and it was quite expensive (as the seller knew they were rare).

The current offerings seem to be of a very different design and require a fixing hole, rather than being the push fit of the originals.

I might be worth contacting the dismantlers eg Spitbitz/Spitfire graveyard etc. to see if they can harvest from their stock.

Good luck!

Ian

• 2 weeks later...