Car aerial

iana

I need to get a replacement aerial for the vitesse, it’s fitted on the rear panel by the screen and it needs to have a 40mm cowl.ive tried Amazon and the dealer has no information. Any suggestions for a supplier?

2 hours ago, iana said:

I need to get a replacement aerial for the vitesse, it’s fitted on the rear panel by the screen and it needs to have a 40mm cowl.ive tried Amazon and the dealer has no information. Any suggestions for a supplier?

It can be hit and miss; I bought the last one, the second of two, from James Paddock and it was way too small for the TR7, yet the first one he sent me was twice the size and fitted the GT6 perfectly so was pinched for it rather than the TR7. I reused the old base around the new aerial for the TR7.

You could phone Paddocks and ask specifically for the larger-base version, in case they have some lying about, or try Holden vintage and classic, they have some good versions.

https://www.holden.co.uk/p/aerial_wing_mounting_4_section

gt6aeriel.JPG.68ddd754903d2b2a788c8d40a3e91cc3.JPG

Thanks, I followed John search, that did throw up a couple of different suppliers.

Colin that’s what I’m trying to avoid, I don’t want to buy another that doesn’t fit. Most suppliers aren’t interested in measuring the base. I’ll try Holden.

the other option I guess is to work out how to replace the cable/plug on the current one.

On 09/10/2020 at 12:58, iana said:

the other option I guess is to work out how to replace the cable/plug on the current one.

If that's the only problem, coaxial male connectors on the two ends, female to female connector between them.  Done, for about £3.

• 1 month later...

I seem to remember, there was one on sale back in the 80`s. which had the facility to replace the mast?. Useful for those unfortunates who`s Ariel Mast got vandalised!. Don`t suppose they are still around?. I have successfully repaired one once, involved stripping back the coaxial to expose sufficient Inner to allow a length of Heat shrink, a solder joint and then pull the heat shrink over the joint, Then recover with the woven coax shroud and finally heat shrink over the top.

Pete