Hello everyone

Hi I'm Matthew and I'm a new member in the Staffordshire area. I've recently bought a restoration project Spitfire Mk3 and will soon start a blog covering the restoration. The car itself has been off the road a fair while and is a bit unknown in terms of its history, but it's a 1970 model in white (well more primer and other coloured panels) with factory hard top. The welding work has all been done by a previous owner, so I've taken on the next step if the project. It runs and drives but is a good way from being road ready.

I started in the world of classic cars in my early teens and have had:

2 x Dolomite 1300s

2 x Dolomite Sprints

2 x Spitfire 1500s

and a "modern classic" Audi TT.

I'd had a long break from working on cars until I bought the TT last year and, having significantly improved that, decided to go for the Spitfire I'd always wanted- the Mk3.

20200818_155326.jpg

Welcome Matthew, feel free to post away and ask plenty of questions if you need to; some of us like to pretend that we know the answers! One very important rule is that you must post photos.

I miss the TSSC International at Stafford Agricultural Showgrounds, I got to know the area very well over the years - for some reason I always remember the signs for the Crematorium very clearly..