Re fitting handbrake lever

MJH2454

the floor brackest can get a it miss aligned over the years , but with no tension in the cables etc  a good wiggle and a light tap of the pin it should not be too much of a problem .  

before you connect the primary cable do fully lock up the shoe adjusters , you dont want the cable to hold the shoes open when adjusting the back plate adjusters 

then reconnect the cable to a neat fit length finally de adjust the back plate adjuster aprox 4 clicks  ( one full turn) to free the drums 

pete

20 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

before you connect the primary cable do fully lock up the shoe adjusters , you dont want the cable to hold the shoes open when adjusting the back plate adjusters 

Hi Pete. I did adjust the handbrake end ages ago (to give that what I sort of guessed was about 15 Degees? on the thingy, bit difficult to measure as I remember, as prop in the way), though I guess, crucially?, didn't know to lock the shoe adjusters up first.

Worth a revisit sometime I guess.

Cheers, Dave 

Edited by daverclasper

pleased  youve got the pin in 

dave pleased you mentioned the relay compensator above the prop shaft the 15ish angle is important 

so when using the HB the  comp lever goes from \  to  |  ie so the lever moves from 2 oclock to 12 oclock not  from 12 to 10oc 

or you get travel but less   effort 

Pete