The magical, mysterious world of PDR (paintless dent removal)

daverclasper

Hello.  Anyone on here had a go at this?. Lot's on U Tube, though to me, doesn't give enough basic DIY info on this "secret black art".

Would be interested in any DIY/Cheap/alternative tools that can be used and any practical "links to info" that are relevant to a novice.

Would like to give this a go (on scrap doors etc, to begin with), as used to do metal shaping, though, finer stuff for jewelry, so hoping I've got the hand/eye needed.

Would like to improve a few dings on Triumph, not a career of it. 

Cheers, Dave    

Edited by daverclasper

the tin basher in the factory just rubbed crayon over the paint  flatted the dent  no paint damage 

there were a good few ice and heat processes advertised which worked on the metal has memory so a local freeze and the dent reverted

true or false   no idea     let us know how you get on 

Pete 

PDR ain't a black art but the experts do have a lot of experience and muscles, we have a prominent member of our club who makes a good living from doing it esp car sales incl new vehicles!

To watch him do his magic is a pleasure, interestingly his previous job was making new body parts with a 3D printer so he is very patient and gets it right!

I had a go with a kit owned by a friend on a ding in the door of a black Ford. (sort of small crease, somebody opened a car door against it in a supermarket ☹️ )

It was a hot glue gun thing, and it took me an hour and about 20 blobs of glue to get it out. The dealer who bought the car never noticed it, and he was fussy. So yes, it works. 

I used the trigger thingy, after watching some youtube stuff. 

Image 1 - Car-Paintless-Dent-Puller-Lifter-PDR-Tool-Kit-Glue-Gun-Repair-Hail-Removal-Tabs