Spin on filters for the adapter

Mathew

Think I always use Mondeo ones on my 2500S - just make sure you get the big one, not the small one.

Just popped out to look and of course Sod's Law that the part number's facing the road not up into the engine bag.  Oh and of course I just HAD to throw out the small one I'd bought in errorjust before Christmas...having sat on the kitchen counter for 2+ years😩

4 hours ago, clive said:

Anything Ford will fit. And I think you can hang the filter vertical? so no worries about non-return valves etc. There are some nice small filters about too, the Cosworth one is neat.

I always go the the biggest one I can get, on the grounds neither having more oil or a greater filter surface area can be bad things.

Our local factors in downham market  use "mahle" oil filters. Using this info and a web serch the oc981 filter is a direct replacement for the fram 2964 or unipart gfe173.  It fitted straight on and is the same as size as the one that came off, "vfl387" motaqup.  At the same time i got a filter for my 1.7 puma engined spitfire "oc 460" mahle filter. Looking at it this looks like it would fit but is about 3/4 of an inch longer! Hope this helps others.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2021 at 13:47, Mathew said:

Our local factors in downham market  use "mahle" oil filters. Using this info and a web serch the oc981 filter is a direct replacement for the fram 2964 or unipart gfe173.  It fitted straight on and is the same as size as the one that came off, "vfl387" motaqup.  At the same time i got a filter for my 1.7 puma engined spitfire "oc 460" mahle filter. Looking at it this looks like it would fit but is about 3/4 of an inch longer! Hope this helps others.

Very useful information. I have the Fram 2964 on my car and don't trust the brand at all. I've learnt from experience to trust German filters and will purchase the OC981 based on your recommendation. Cheers!