Vitesse fuel tank reserve

Gadgetman

point rearwards is main  point across car is reserve.

there is no 'reserve'  its just a curved suction tube that rotates in an olive union and rotation alters the height of the tube end to be lower or higher in the tank

$_14.JPG

So you might as well leave it in the "reserve" position all the time?

Ive been driving since 1963 and so far never run out of fuel, there, s this thing on the dash to give you a clue, Ha !!

If you buy a new tank from fitchets who still press them this facility is removed.

the olive can leak and boot fumes persist, as there,s no clues when you run out on the gauge

you grind to a halt , get out , turn the , tap, , crank up the fuel ..... right in the middle of a roundabout

who wants the hassle

well its raining

pete

• 2 weeks later...

you grind to a halt , get out , turn the , tap, , crank up the fuel ..... right in the middle of a roundabout

who wants the hassle

pete

It’s happened to me once in a Herald, trying to get home after a show without having to stop at a petrol station; as usual the station was closer to the show than home so one mile from home the Herald conked out. Thankfully all I had to do was turn the reserve tap and drive the remaining. Without it I’d have been stuck. So: pointless until we need it, but we’re all human and yes I was lazy… but it still saved me a long walk. I’ll try not to use it too often but it’s nice to know it’s there for emergencies.