Dirty books

Mathew

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SkillyHerald said:

I worked in Belper in the early 1990's and called into Andrew Stone's at least once a week.

There was also a Triumph restorer in nearby Darley Abbey and a BL garage between there and work.

All long gone I now assume.

I collected some mk1 2000 panels about 2006ish, he has gone now but i did hear someone took hold of his stock, so not lost just somewhere.

13 hours ago, SkillyHerald said:

I worked in Belper in the early 1990's and called into Andrew Stone's at least once a week.

Did he just close down?

I dealt with him in 1993 when I had just bought a Spitfire, and blew the alternator replacing the battery back to front. In those days I just looked at the ads in the magazines, so if the alternator was £20 plus £5 delivery I sent off a cheque for £25... never mind VAT or carriage to NI... so lo and behold the alternator arrived with a short note: "you forgot to add VAT plus extra postage for islands etc so we have sent this at the basic rate and if it arrives it means Christmas has come early."

I sent him back a Christmas card with the message: "The alternator arrived. Happy Christmas." In June...

I often wonder if he realised what it was all about... :)