Master Cylinder Confusion

cliff.b

8 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Must be one of those suppliers with lots of 'overheads'...

Not always sure your irony on a 0-10 level, so not sure what you mean? 😊.

I disagree with loads of what China does (I'm one of those "Snow flakes" whatever they are?, I guess, who has opinions on abuse of people).

Just trying to get a balance of what is maybe causing all this crap stuff.

Also, I understand those retailers we buy off at the end of the supply chain, are mainly just trying to make a living. 

Edited by daverclasper

1 hour ago, daverclasper said:

Not always sure your irony on a 0-10 level, so not sure what you mean? 😊.

I disagree with loads of what China does (I'm one of those "Snow flakes" whatever they are?, I guess, who has opinions on abuse of people).

Just trying to get a balance of what is maybe causing all this crap stuff.

Also, I understand those retailers we buy off at the end of the supply chain, are mainly just trying to make a living. 

My Wife recently bought a pair of hair clippers off eBay and although it said the seller was on London, the PayPal payment went to Hong Kong. 

While trimming my hair yesterday they became very hot so I opened them up and found this (see pic).

The wire that is soldered with no insulation is at 240v. The metal parts are connected directly to the cutters & there is no earth. It is potentially lethal.

A UK adapter plug has been fitted over the 2 pin plug that was fitted.

IMG_20210508_123454_009.jpg

seen similar on a fancy hair drier the box and casing seemed well made but  wires to the heating element and motor would have struggled to run tree lights  it burst into flames 

why go to all the trouble of making a sort of reasoned copy 

then stuff it up in a fire ball and  complete disregard  for any safety or reliability    

Pete

14 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Cliff just seen an old type adjuster on ebay item No. 224458259651 6.95 GBP if you still need

The adjuster that Mark kindly sent me has just arrived and I am about to fit it. So hopefully I an now sorted but many thanks for looking for one 👍