Sunroof instructions . Vitesse

Paul H

3 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

Hi Paul. I am selling the one mentioned above. I can PM you this evening if your interested?.

I did think you had one though?.

Thanks, Dave

Yes I do have one . My son is interested in one for his MGBGT

Paul 

I have two sliding sun roofs.
One is for a HC Viva and the other is from an Austin A35.
When I bought the Viva one years before internet I wrote to whatever comapny it was and they kindly sent me an installation book.
Never fitted either roof and still have the book.

I did think about fitting one of them to the Vitesse but am slightly concerned about the difference in roof curvature,

Adrian

22 minutes ago, ahebron said:

I have two sliding sun roofs.
One is for a HC Viva and the other is from an Austin A35.
When I bought the Viva one years before internet I wrote to whatever comapny it was and they kindly sent me an installation book.
Never fitted either roof and still have the book.

I did think about fitting one of them to the Vitesse but am slightly concerned about the difference in roof curvature,

Adrian

Hi Adrian, what is the maker of the Viva Sunroof?

Paul

ive fitted many sun roofs even fitted one for  the guy on the cab line  who fitted the factory ones   he couldnt get to grips with cutting the hole 

still have a metal template somewhere (i think)  there are two pop up or slide sunroof inner frames one does foam hard linings and one has grips to hold 

a litsting rail cloth header ,   the hard liner grip ring would hold a fabric liner , any wrinkles you can usually steam out (ie wallpaper steamer and a lance)

roof contour doesnt  drastically affect the fits , if the hole is cut too tight then the roof may wrinkle/dip in corners when the inner surround clamps  up and corners are too tight  can distort the roof panel as the panel can get trapped .

hole cut with a jig saw with lots of masking and vacuum the sawdust , dont let it bounce about and dont  find youve cut through a roof body stiffener bar 

as this may start body boom due to some loss of stiffness /

always position the roof so its rearwards enough or driving at night with motorway lights flashing in your eyes is mesmerising  annoying .

hence some had a shade screen .

Pete

• Like 1