What a cracker!

SixasStandard

Hello All,

This Vitesse has just appeared for sale on Car and Classic:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1335307

What an absolute spanker.........and VERY reasonably priced too. 

Yeah, ok........it is mine!.......I'm selling to finance another classic project purchase. I've found that I enjoy working on classics more than driving them!......who'd have thought!!

Ian

• Like 4

On 04/05/2021 at 13:35, Gary Flinn said:

What a gorgeous Vitesse Saloon😃

The Shadow Blue Interior with White Exterior looks amazing (I didn't realise this colour Combination was available?)

Good luck with the Sale, I'm sure it will get snapped up

Regards

Gary 

Thanks Gary,

I don't think that Shadow Blue upholstery was normally available with a white car, but the first owner of this Vitesse was a Knight of the Realm, so I imagine this may have helped smooth the way! The correct interior trim code of 16 for Shadow Blue is on the (original) factory plate on the scuttle, so this is the original colour combination that it left the factory with. It makes the car quite unusual, and as you say, the combination works so well that I'm amazed it wasn't offered by Triumph in period.

Regards,

Ian  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SixasStandard said:

Thanks Gary,

I don't think that Shadow Blue upholstery was normally available with a white car, but the first owner of this Vitesse was a Knight of the Realm, so I imagine this may have helped smooth the way! The correct interior trim code of 16 for Shadow Blue is on the (original) factory plate on the scuttle, so this is the original colour combination that it left the factory with. It makes the car quite unusual, and as you say, the combination works so well that I'm amazed it wasn't offered by Triumph in period.

Regards,

Ian  

Shadow Blue code is 27 if I remember correctly, 16 was Midnight Blue?

http://triumphspitfire.com/Paint.html

Whatever, the White and Blue go really well.

I've read before that if you where willing to pay extra you could have any combination you wanted?

White with Red Interior looks nice too.

Good Luck with the sale.

Regards

Gary

7 hours ago, Gary Flinn said:

Shadow Blue code is 27 if I remember correctly, 16 was Midnight Blue?

http://triumphspitfire.com/Paint.html

Whatever, the White and Blue go really well.

I've read before that if you where willing to pay extra you could have any combination you wanted?

White with Red Interior looks nice too.

Good Luck with the sale.

Regards

Gary

You're quite right about the colour code Gary, my mistake.

Ian

• Like 1

There was a bit of a 'feeding frenzy' on my car, and it sold to the first person to view after just 3 days on the market, and with 2 other offers on the table! She's now off to live in Birmingham with her new owner.........who's a real Vitesse enthusiast and a thoroughly nice guy. Now that I'm back in the black I suppose I'd better 'revert to type' and indulge in another ill-advised purchase of something rusty and with bits missing. I already have a viewing of a potential purchase booked for Sunday which satisfies both criteria. The Wife has that resigned look in her eyes again!!

Ian

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SixasStandard said:

There was a bit of a 'feeding frenzy' on my car, and it sold to the first person to view after just 3 days on the market, and with 2 other offers on the table! She's now off to live in Birmingham with her new owner.........who's a real Vitesse enthusiast and a thoroughly nice guy. Now that I'm back in the black I suppose I'd better 'revert to type' and indulge in another ill-advised purchase of something rusty and with bits missing. I already have a viewing of a potential purchase booked for Sunday with satisfies both criteria. The Wife has that resigned look in her eyes again!!

Ian

Well done!

Not at all surprised it's sold to the first person to View

Birmingham isn't too far from me, so hope to see it soon when the Classic car shows get going once again?

Gary