Aluminium bodied GT4

That's excellent news John and having spoken with Mike a couple of times he is a very decent chap and obviously knows his stuff.

Will be done later in the year; once I've finished the welding. 

Best wishes.

Richard.

Well done, I am so please to see you car finished, I hope to see it at one of the shows in the future.

In my opinion this is one of the best blogs about building a car I have read. Whilst I'm pleased you have completed it, I will miss the progress updates.  

I hope you have lots of fun with her.

Aaron    

Thank you Aaron and Steve for your support and patience following the ups and downs of the build. I'm really pleased that you like the car because I know that for a number of members it really isn't their cup of tea. We are all different and that's what makes life so interesting. Personally I am absolutely delighted with the car; the way it looks and particularly the way it drives. Fitting the four cylinder engine was definitely the right decision and this has made a major contribution to the way the car devours bends and twisty roads. It really is a delight and is providing the kind of handling and enjoyment that I had only experienced in a Caterham. My six powered GT6 was a great touring car eating up the miles with consummate ease; all very relaxed and leisurely. This car has a totally different character; manic and highly strung are words that come to mind.

I really do hope I'll be able to meet many of you this year and hope this might be possible and some of the events I've booked. I am hoping to be at Santa Pod, The Silverstone Classic and our own Devon event at Powderham. I'm also hoping to take the car to Germany at the end of September for the GT6 gathering. I've put an entry in for the Kop Hill hill climb in September but I'm still waiting to hear if I've been accepted. Perhaps they are not keen on my car either  :)

• 2 weeks later...

stunning car and colour.

i hope to see it in the flesh at some point.

all the best

paul

Hi Paul,

I hope so too. I'm actually missing the car very much at the moment. We are on our way back from Aquitaine after a couple of weeks holiday and because the Triumph still had some work to be done, we took the trials car. It has performed amazingly well but I'm really looking forward to seeing the Triumph again.

Classics Monthly may be coming down next week to finish an article on it so we'll hope for a fine day; better than the last time they came down.

I'm hoping to get the car to the VSCC meeting at Wiscombe Park on Sunday 8th May so perhaps see a few Triumph people then.

Kind regards

Johnmed_gallery_67_84_77074.jpg

• Like 1

round of applause  i reckon...  clap clappity  clap

Kop Hills in my area but never managed to get in so far 

But youre welcome at DUXFORD  sept 12th  

Pete    

I've put an entry in for Kop Hill Pete but so far I haven't heard from them. My friend Roger England had immediate acceptance for his Gilbern so if we get a static parking place we will be there.

John

roger was in my area with his Vitesse until he moved .

duxford is no booking if the suns out its a brilliant day 

our area has run it for 23 years now,  

you can even stop over at my pad 

Pete

Pete that is so kind of you, thank you. We'll keep in touch on Duxford.

• 1 year later...

I was delighted to hear from Steve (the new owner) that he and Tim had an enjoyable and uneventful drive home at a steady 70mph. The sound deadening exercise has clearly been a great success otherwise he would have he would have been totally deaf after sustaining that speed for over an hour. Great news and I'm so pleased the car is in such good hands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It certainly was a bit of a wrench Gully but I desperately need another major project. I don't have the resources to sustain two classics so the Lightweight had to make way for the next one.  The G15 is an interesting exercise but being fibreglass it hasn't satisfied the need in me to make a body. It's early days yet and I haven't decided what the next move is going to be. In the meantime I can start assembling the suspension onto the G15 chassis for the final time which will be nice knowing I'm on the last lap. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rougeherald said:

Look forward to hearing about the G15 project John 

BW 

Aaron 

Nice to hear from you Aaron, The GOC forum is closed to members but I am also writing up the G15 rebuild on  Club Torque, the Club Triumph forum. It's in the Specials section. Anyone can read it. Seems odd to be Triumphless after quite a number of years but one thing is certain that I definitely will stay in touch with all the good friends I've made here.

Best regards

John