Vitesse seats

Bobtaylor

2 minutes ago, Bobtaylor said:

Has anyone ever fitted Cobra seats in their Vitesse? Or can anyone suggest any other manufacturer of seats that would fit a Vitesse?

Bob

I fitted some buckets aboy 20 years ago, think they were Cobra. Took them out a few days later, found them a nightmare.

MX5, MGF all much comfier/easier to live with.

7 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Josef those MGF seats appear to clear the Convertible B pillar, hence enabling adequate leg room for us taller people, so I'm interested in this mod, are they any particular MGF model seat or do they all fit! 

Mine are MX5 Mk1 (tombstone ones with the integrated headrests). They do clear the b-post well enough you can recline the seat fully, if you were so inclined. I’ll try and get some photos of the clearance there for you after work. 

@Peter Truman here you are. The lighting isn’t wonderful cause the car is still mostly covered in dust sheeting after the bodywork I’ve been doing but they should give you an idea. Mine won’t roll any further back as they foul on the seatbelt mount on the transmission tunnel. However I have the original eyebolt fitting there, with something thinner than that the seats could be adjusted a bit further backwards. 

49AFAAFC-2E60-4347-A8DD-0AF2E4224826.jpeg

0691ED39-98EF-4E41-A80C-F1809FD7006B.jpeg

11C8E5CC-EC59-4B7D-AF9D-C4CB8260D109.jpeg