Vitesse windscreen surround trim

ahebron

I have a feeling I have asked this question before but cant remember the answer if there was one.
Did the Vitesse 6 Saloon have roof lining fabric around the windscreen inside the car?
Convertibles didn't.
When I ordered my new roof lining from Newton I asked them to also supply enough spare material to go around the screen and up the door pillars.
And talking about door pillars what was on the B pillars of the Vitesse 6 saloon.

I have tried to find photos of both of these but not succeeded. But I seem to recall a youtube video that I paused.

Thanks
Adrian

17 minutes ago, ahebron said:

I have a feeling I have asked this question before but cant remember the answer if there was one.
Did the Vitesse 6 Saloon have roof lining fabric around the windscreen inside the car?
Convertibles didn't.
When I ordered my new roof lining from Newton I asked them to also supply enough spare material to go around the screen and up the door pillars.
And talking about door pillars what was on the B pillars of the Vitesse 6 saloon.

I have tried to find photos of both of these but not succeeded. But I seem to recall a youtube video that I paused.

Thanks
Adrian

Yes, the strips ran down each side of the Windscreen on the Vitesse Saloons, not fitted on Heralds

According to this link, the Newton Commercial kits for the Vitesse show them, are you sure they haven't sent you an Herald kit?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjnpdbQusL1AhUBoVwKHUDOA78QFnoECAsQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnewtoncomm.co.uk%2Fproducts%2Ftriumph-herald-vitesse-saloon-headlining-kit&usg=AOvVaw2M_qsb5dJ7BXszasOGl63t

Regards

Gary 

17 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

my   64  Vit6  saloon  had lining up the A and B posts 

pete

Pete

And the 'C' Posts too?

Not much painted metal on display in the interior of a Vitesse, apart from the edges of the Doors and a few other minor areas?

Here's an Image I found of a Saloon Interior

Regards

Gary

Classic & Sports Car – Triumph Vitesse vs Vauxhall Viva – 10.png

On 21/01/2022 at 23:52, Gary Flinn said:

Classic & Sports Car – Triumph Vitesse vs Vauxhall Viva – 10.png

Thanks for al the replies, looksm like my memory is still ok🤪

I do wonder where the retractable seat belt top fixing is in the car in the photo that Gary posted or are they just hooked out of the way