Herald 13/60 temp and fuel gauge connections

Colin Lindsay

The wiring diagram is no help at all.... four terminals, two on each gauge, all single connectors, two (one on each gauge) should be linked by a green cable. Which two? There are no markings at all on either the fuel 23 or temp 25 gauges. I'm tempted to say that it doesn't matter but thought I'd ask first.

1255328255_ScreenShot2022-03-30at20_35_10.png.a74baa1a3f43cca2d35381ccbb4c5479.png

These are thermal instruments I take it rather than the earlier magnetic type (they read slowly when turned on)? Then the heat produced by the current passing through them will be the same in either direction, in other words it doesnt matter which way round theyre connected🙂

Pedantry, would suggest that the diagram would indicate that the (arrow) is the needle pointing down, in which case the looking from the front the L-H terminal would be Initial conection (+) and the Right terminal (-) to earth. But as stated it really would not matter. More important would be the a stable voltage to provide accuracy of indication?. Some of the OLD V-R`s get unpredictable with age. ( A Bit Like Older ladies!) 

P.S. I have my Tin hat.

Pete

12 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Memory...going,, going..gone. No wonder I get so little done these days.. can't remember what I started or even if I finished it. Oh dear!!!

I know the feeling. Big jobs, no problem. Little ones.. where does the 13/60 speedo cable bracket go? Does it need an accelerator cable bracket or is that for left hand drive only? Where has my 5 litres of GL4 gearbox oil gone?

I open boxes to look for a part and find something that is identical to what has just arrived through the post, as I couldn't find it before.