Instruments and lighting overload?

Jeffds1360

23 hours ago, Chris A said:

Same here, if I'm going to be distracted then I want it to be by what is happening outside the car. i have enough worries without adding more.

I have thought about getting an oil pressure sensor that has a higher rating, managed to find a supplier here in France to avoid the hassle/cost of importing from UK.

My petrol gauge only goes up to 3/4 with a full tank (it is on my list of things to look at, but . . .) but by the time the petrol is down to about 1/2 the gauge is accurate enough from there, plus i tend to fill up at 150 mile intervals anyway.

You would have felt right at home in one of my cars, Chris - no gauges at all! Just one switch (for ignition) and three buttons for choke, mixture and revs.

IMG_5240 (3).JPG

17 minutes ago, Mike Costigan said:

You would have felt right at home in one of my cars, Chris - no gauges at all! Just one switch (for ignition) and three buttons for choke, mixture and revs.

IMG_5240 (3).JPG

Ok, I give in - what is it?

Talking of feeling 'right at home' Sherwood forest - not that far from where I grew up, Chesterfield.

5 hours ago, Jeffds1360 said:

I had two spitfire 4s and a 1600 vitesse cv in the late 60's. I could not afford to 'instrementise' them :)

In the 70s we just went down the breakers yard, clambered over the mountains of cars and nicked some from an old Jag, or similar