5,000 Mile 12/50 Herald Anyone?

Gary Flinn

9 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Just out of devilment, I messaged the vendor to try to find the reserve price, the answer, £10,000. Make your own decisions there.

Looks like a private seller, it's the only item listed by him?

I've saved it as one of my watched items, we will see what it gets up to.

Regards

Gary   

52 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Starts at 99p and expects £10,000? Wonder if he takes bitcoins?

It's only 9 miles away from me but I've never heard of it nor any private museum in that area, so wonder where it's been?

10K would be good value (probably) certainly much vheaper than restoring one. Besides, where else can you buy a 5000mile car for 10K these days? Buy it, use it every day. That would upset a lot of people who would objet to it getting used, (tough luck, they should buy it) but it would last as long as we can sensibly buy petrol....

Probably needs a bit of re commissioning to make it reliable, though piece of mind regarding the usual bodgery you often get and a great place to start.

Good panel gaps. I've seen a few of these low mileage, original cars with good fitting panels. Annoys me when the casual media and public with no knowledge, often say they were made with poor fitting panels.

On 13/06/2022 at 17:46, clive said:

10K would be good value (probably) certainly much vheaper than restoring one. Besides, where else can you buy a 5000mile car for 10K these days? Buy it, use it every day. That would upset a lot of people who would objet to it getting used, (tough luck, they should buy it) but it would last as long as we can sensibly buy petrol....

Only just over halfway to reserve at the moment and finishes today..........

10 hours ago, Badwolf said:

But would be still not have to pay fleabay, based on the selling price? Although it strikes me as unusual that it sold for exactly the reserve price. Strikes me that someone else asked what the reserve price was.

No, if the buyer put in 12K, it would automatically raise the bit to the 10K reserve. But 10K is a nice round figure, so I can see somebody making that exact bid.

12 hours ago, Badwolf said:

But would be still not have to pay fleabay, based on the selling price? Although it strikes me as unusual that it sold for exactly the reserve price. Strikes me that someone else asked what the reserve price was.

Fleabay now charges something like 12%, so that's a severe chunk out of the sale price. Listed non-auction ads are different, but as this was an auction that's the charge.

35 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Fleabay now charges something like 12%, so that's a severe chunk out of the sale price. Listed non-auction ads are different, but as this was an auction that's the charge.

Cars are different. a listing fee £15 or less) plus max final fees of £45. Classifieds are flat rate £20, which is good value, and I like the clarity of what a seller is after.

3 hours ago, clive said:

Cars are different. a listing fee £15 or less) plus max final fees of £45. Classifieds are flat rate £20, which is good value, and I like the clarity of what a seller is after.

Is that a new introduction to their policies? I haven't sold a car in a age, last time they took over £200 off me but that was almost ten years ago so maybe they've changed the rules.

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Is that a new introduction to their policies? I haven't sold a car in a age, last time they took over £200 off me but that was almost ten years ago so maybe they've changed the rules.

no idea. I have sold a couple of cars in the past few years (both my Dads) and always used the classifieds.