SPITFIRE 1300 GEARBOX

foshi

If I remember correctly your existing box was a YC prefix one. This is identical to FH/FK Spitfire 3 rail 4 synchro except for the Speedo drive ratios. Generally though all 3 rail boxes (originally!) had the same input shaft splines so can use the same clutch. 

Well I think we decided you have a 3 rail gearbox from a 1500RWD which I reckon should use the following friction plate:

Clutch Plate -10 spline - 7 1/4 inch Diameter - GCP103 (rimmerbros.com)

If that is the case then I agree with Josef, although this is a bigger diameter clutch than the one used in a MkIV Spit it should all work no problem and even first gear ratio should be the same....

I reckon theres a very good chance the PO just bought an engine/gearbox out of a scrapper and stuck it in! In fact it was a very good choice because they got a 1500 (personal taste I know) but with a 3 rail box so no problems with propshaft length or gearlever position etc

forgot to mention the one thing i  had to do was grind the slave cylinder as to slide it forward  the clutch bit was at floor level hard to get reverse, works fine now nice feel to pedal will be back for clutch advice once out paul