Stromberg CD 150/175 diaphragms. Are they the same part?

daverclasper

Hi. A good few NOS for 175's on ebay at the moment, at a good price. Researching the part no's, they are different to CD 150, with a few saying the the same?.

Wondered if the main body size is the same, (which incorporates the diaphragm) on the different carbs  , even if the the 175 throat is larger?

I need them for CD 150

thanks

12 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I thought I sold you some 150 diaphragms at the Twiddle Day before last? They should last longer than this, I still have some from that batch I haven't need to use. 

You certainly did Doug and there still holding up admirably, thanks.

Because I'm a bit paranoid anyway and do longish distance touring holidays in car, any breakdown that can't be fixed at the side of the road, would be a right downer.

So, I though it could be a good idea to slip them in to my shoe box of small bits that could fail, that I put in the the boot for these trips.

Would like to buy another pair off you please, if possible?. 

Unless, anyone else needs them more urgently?, 

Thanks

On 04/11/2022 at 17:34, daverclasper said:

Would like to buy another pair off you please, if possible?. 

Hi Dave, the original batch was 7, you had 2 and Mark at East Berks had 2 leaving 3. As the pair in my GT6 are 30 years old I'd really like to hang on to the remaining ones. Sorry!

However, just checking on Ebay there are a few claiming to be for CD150s, some NOS which would be what I'd go for, you don't want any elephant condoms!

Doug

On 06/11/2022 at 09:33, dougbgt6 said:

Hi Dave, the original batch was 7, you had 2 and Mark at East Berks had 2 leaving 3. As the pair in my GT6 are 30 years old I'd really like to hang on to the remaining ones. Sorry!

No problem at all Doug. Seems they last anyway!. I'm sure I could use a pucture repair patch, etc, in a situation