Lidl battery charger

1969Mk3Spitfire

Yes good but be aware if the battery charge is below 7.5v the unit will not work as it doesnt recognise its connected (however you might be able to trick it into starting by setting it to the 6v motorcycle setting and then changing back to 12v when the battery voltage has recovered sufficiently)...

agree mine wouldnt recharge after a faulty boot light switch failed and drained the battery , but under the dust was the good old faithfull mains charger which did 

work it back to life the Lidl unit has worked well ever since 

but if you power off you must remember to replace the settings to suit what you are charging /maintaining 

i have an aldi and lidl units both have outlasted the Cetek   that just died never to be revived 

( believer cetek have alifetime warranty  but the discount shop ones are so available posting a return  was not worth the hassle 

Pete

Been in local Lidl today, battery charger, 12V Oil Pump, impact wrench both mains and battery with battery and charger included.

Use my impact wrench quite a bit on the car and with an adaptor for hex drive bits installing longer screws in timber.

Regards

Paul.

51a5aJLZIdL._AC_UL320_.jpg

41 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Been in local Lidl today, battery charger, 12V Oil Pump, impact wrench both mains and battery with battery and charger included.

Use my impact wrench quite a bit on the car and with an adaptor for hex drive bits installing longer screws in timber.

Regards

Paul.

51a5aJLZIdL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Blimey, how bag are the screws???? I have a lidl impact wrench, it is pretty beefy. In fact I often use my little impact driver for stuff as it is so much easier to use. Nips stuff up nicely, but not proper tight. 

But that lidle wrench is a godsend. The only downside is less exercise. 

I don’t understand the fascination with low voltage start. Any battery with a Resting Voltage of 11.9 or less, by abuse, neglect or age, most likely will not recover and have a decent capacity. Usual best course of action is to replace. Nothing worse than a breakdown due to flat battery, especially when you know you’re living on borrowed time.