TR6 caught in the floods in York

KevinR

"A car caught in the floods is generally a write off. "

Not always!  Told this story before, so keep it short.

When working as a garage workshop floor sweeper in school holidays, I was sent with the apprentices (yes, apprentices in those days, and enough to fill a minibus, in just a large BMC dealer's workshop!) to a car pound where a dozen brand new MGBs had been caught in a flood.  We stripped all the seats, trim and batteries out, blew the water from the engines by, plugs out, turning them over on the starter from large trolley battery, and they were shipped back to the factory to be retrimmed and fitted.  

I don't know if 'our' firm sold them to punters, or sold them on, but they must have smelt funny in wet weather!

John

A lot of green algae on the front bumper and spoiler... how long was it underwater????

My heart really goes out to anyone caught in these floods, it must be heartbreaking. I may gripe sometimes about the wind nearly taking my roof off due to my hilltop site, but to lose everything under water and face massive cleanup bills, with the added strain of never knowing when it will happen again, is a nightmare.

I love York, I used to manage a yearly stay of two or three days up until recently, so here's hoping that great British spirit overcomes all to get back to normality as soon as possible.