Another new member introduction.

Hi, I'm Mike from way up in the Far North of Scotland. My teenage impressionable years have lead me to loving late 60's early 70's British Classics. I own a 1972 Triumph 2000mk2 Estate in Mallard Blue, beautiful I have to say. 101,000 miles but engine rebuilt 1000 miles ago with new cam and followers etc. Pristine underneath, actually pretty well pristine everywhere, you get the idea, in addition and what a bonus, the whole family love 'him'. I'm no mechanical or bodywork expert but I am able and competent enough with a big shed, two post lift and enough tools to do most work, I can keep him going another 51 years, more than can be said for me! Hopefully if I run into any issues I'm unsure about, you folks will be able to help with advice. Cheers to you all.

20230507_162714.jpg

20230507_162740.jpg

20230507_162652.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks to you both. I wanted an estate because of the practicality, the usability, all  those sensible thought processes, its got a huge load carrying space when the back seat is folded flat, absolutely flat load platform, brilliant. However in the actual world I won't allow anything dirty, anything with sharp edges, anything smelly, or anything that sheds hair near it, if the sun doesn't shine or there's even a hint at rain he stays inside the shed. Ridiculous I know, it's such a lovely car to drive I want to use him daily but can't allow it, one of our daughters who keeps sheep has designs on him I know but it is never, never going to happen🤨

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Heller said:

However in the actual world I won't allow anything dirty, anything with sharp edges, anything smelly, or anything that sheds hair near it

No point in me asking for a lift in it then. lovely car, and as you say very practical

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Puglet1 said:

Very smart. That’s what I call a classy classic !

Thanks very much, that's how we see 'him' all original (for the record I have nothing against mods at all) just beautifully kept by the elderly gentleman previous owner, he actually vetted me (interviewed me) before he'd sell. Yep, a "classy classic".

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2023 at 16:34, Wagger said:

Lovely car. Estates are rare and a bit tricky for some of the bodywork spares. Do not allow others to ruin it. Estates usually become work horses. That one is not and should 

Apologies for the delay in response, I have an exceptionally busy life. This is very sound advice, my lovely Triumph is kept inside my very large barn and under a cover, come the weekend if the weather is fine my wife and I go for a drive, for us the Triumph is just about the pleasure, the fun and the nostalgia.