Vitesse 1600/6 Radio Cassette -SPEAKERS

Front footwell panels are good, or under dash. Original was a single speaker attached to the radio fitting, I have two different kinds one with speaker above and one below. I also have panels specially made for the front footwells with a speaker cutout, which are down out of sight but permit stereo. If you don't mind a rough and ready solution pod speakers simply sitting on the rear seat also work.

IMG_6041.jpeg.869a019c533d9928fe581f49604acaee.jpeg console.jpg.67747b4c8cca61151b3ad383541e3927.jpg

I've seen speakers fitted to the footwell trim panels before, the trouble is the later Vitesse models are fitted with a Map Pocket on the Passenger side.

I made up brackets and fitted them underneath the dash pointing down to the Footwell for the Radio Cassette in my old Vitesse.

Gary 

Steve,

Do you have the 'cage' to hold the radio and speaker card?  If so. I would appreciate the details.  I have the radio fascia, a template for the card, and a chrome trim but haven't managed to set it all up.

C. 

35 minutes ago, Casper said:

Steve,

Do you have the 'cage' to hold the radio and speaker card?  If so. I would appreciate the details.  I have the radio fascia, a template for the card, and a chrome trim but haven't managed to set it all up.

C. 

Hi Casper,

Not sure what the cage should look like but I am sure mine is original,I will get a photo of the back of the speaker.

Steve

53 minutes ago, Casper said:

Steve,

C. 

Photos from the Net a few years back, any good?

radio4.thumb.jpg.74a326cdd55696032156cf0ef758c277.jpg

radio2.thumb.jpg.f2e7b90b93db1d75c6c215ec8786a9e4.jpg

Thanks, Colin, Steve and Peter.   One version seems to be bolted to the back of the radio, one to the side (supported underneath) and one floating free.  I am aware the bottom item in Peter's offering is screwed to the coin tray on the transmission tunnel.  I see there are adjustment slots everywhere, even though most radios were a standard size.

Who knows, I may even have another go at cobbling something together

C.

I made a mount out of two bit of U channel aluminium and a flat bar. The bar pushes on top of the brackets for the under dash mill board, and the U sections run to the upper of the dash lip. It’s all riveted together, then a box to hold the radio is held underneath by self tappers. There’s enough clearance that you can even get the gearbox out with it in place (though if there is a next time I’d probably remove the radio box).