Spring compressors Bristol

Johno

Do NOT buy the claw type! They are lethal, dodging one of those when they fly off, (and the will!) is a tad dangerous!

I rented one of "the best" from Mickey at Thames Area for £5, but Windsor is a long way from Bristol. A lot of local Areas have communal tools. The nearest TSSC area to Bristol is Avon, which is in.....Bristol! Organiser is David Dyer

The Triumph Sports Six Club - Areas (tssc.org.uk)

Or his telephone number is in the Courier.

Doug

Edited by dougbgt6

if you fancy a risky operation it has been done by using the cars weight on a jack to unload the spring but you need to be super careful

or you get a big boing and a headache 

remove the shocker shaft nut and drop the suspension until  all spring load is free then remove the shocker/spring assy from the wishbones 

this is not a recommended but if stuck in the desert with no assistance you have to take the world by its £$$%^&*

claw type wont work as there is insufficient gap as the spring  tends to go coil bound 

there was a  method of making a rig with a pair of old disc brakes + studding    looks ok but but general feeling is they are brittle casting and could easily fracture 

time for bed said Zebedee !!!

Pete

In my youth, I improvised by using two Steel Wheels (Triumph 2000 I think), two lengths of M10 Rod with suitable nuts/washers.

But I was young and foolish back then😬

Borrow or purchase the proper Spring compressor meant for our cars, better safe than sorry.

Gary  

Edited by Gary Flinn

Cheers jimmer,

Very kind, with the price of fuel these days I'll be half way to buying one with a return trip. I guess I'll night the bullet. Might pop my brain out and go for the disk brake option.😂😂

Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated.

Johno

• Like 1