What do I do with it?

mark powell

I kept a couple of 1500 bellhousings and weighed the other 20-odd in.

I could come up with no use for them apart maybe repurposing into novelty feet for floor standing lamps for Triumph enthusiasts.

would need a run through the dishwasher and then a good coat of paint to minimise the chance of a black ring on the carpet.

could do something similar with a flywheel, but probably better with a 2.5 saloon one.

yes hurts to discard something old and no longer available new but as theyre so robust its very unusual for people to need replacements which means demand is minimal. Then even if one is needed its weight makes transport prohibitively expensive! Ive got three redundant Vitesse/GT6 gearboxes assemblies taking up space at the moment☹️

Mark,

Bring them to Malvern next year!  The Inter-Club International will attract someone who wants that part!

TRR and Club Triumph are already featuring this event, which invites ALL classic clubs, but TSSC seem to be asleep at the wheel, with no mention of it at all!

Inter-club International weekend invites all British marque clubs (tr-register.co.uk)

John

Edited by JohnD

10 hours ago, johny said:

yes hurts to discard something old and no longer available new but as theyre so robust its very unusual for people to need replacements which means demand is minimal. Then even if one is needed its weight makes transport prohibitively expensive! Ive got three redundant Vitesse/GT6 gearboxes assemblies taking up space at the moment☹️

I have six Herald bellhousings in the roofspace, it's a wonder they don't come through, but I can't bring myself to throw them away. I remember at Stafford in days gone by, traders would use Herald manifolds to hold down tarpaulins or to tie guy ropes to, then abandon them after the show. 

• Like 1