Urgently need an AC Glass top fuel pump upper body.

Mike

Went into garage today and decided to start my recently ignored Vitesse Mk1 2.0. Life has been chaotic for months and thought I would try and prepare the old friend for the summer. It wouldn’t start so I eventually thought I’d remove the out fuel pipe off the glass topped mechanical pump to see if fuel was making it beyond that point. I’m an idiot and didn’t realise I was low on fuel and the glass bowl was empty. I put a gallon in the car and used the lever to prime the pump and hey presto fuel!

On reattaching the outlet fuel pipe from the pump back on I have damaged the thread in the alloy body with the brass fitting so it won’t tighten without leaking. I feel like such a cat handed numpty.

Has anyone got a complete glass bowl AC pump or upper body? The pump is a Type G with an “Arrow” on the inlet side and “AC” on the outlet side. I only need the upper body in reality but would happily buy the whole unit. Originality on my car is very important to me. Alternatively anybody have any ideas where I might get one?

Thanks for your help and taking time to read this I feel like a right idiot.

Mike ,Malvern , 07534384851

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/04/2024 at 17:53, 68vitesse said:

The actuating arm on the fuel pump for early Mk1 2L is different from the later ones which is the same as Mk2 2L.

Easy enough to change the arm.

Regards

Paul.

the ac delco glass top pump , theres only 1 pump but around 25 different levers to fit other makes / models .was even used for some diesel engines ,car /boat and air

19 hours ago, micklewis said:

the ac delco glass top pump , theres only 1 pump but around 25 different levers to fit other makes / models .was even used for some diesel engines ,car /boat and air

I've bought NOS unidentified pumps before, very cheaply since the seller didn't know what they were originally for, and just re-used the necessary Triumph bits, although I bought the NOS very long-levered version for £5 before finding that it wasn't Delco at all. I've never identified it. I was also able to get service kits including gaskets and the top brass filter from Chic Doig. 

IMG_7900.jpeg.ef98fe0a6c2f7fc805b2d2455e0a40ae.jpeg