Heritage Certificate

Darren Groves

Just got my Heritage Certificate for my newly acquired TR3, the section that normally shows which dealer it went to says 'Home Sales Reserve'. Any ideas what this means?

**Edit - The first two owners in the UK were businesses in the Birmingham area, so has always been a UK car. 

TR3 Heritage Certificate~3.jpg

Edited by Darren Groves

This is probably totally irrelevant, I lived in Aus as a kid from 1949 to 1962, then returned to England when dad was recalled (i saw the light & returned home to AUS 74, my Vitesse was shipped home late 73).

During the 50's we returned to the UK every 3 years on holiday, every time from the early 50's mum used to pick up a new Morrie from BMC in the UK but the actual new car was delivered on our arrival back in AUS, BMC loaned/leased/sold us a new car (& it was a new car don't know if it was registered in our name) whilst in the UK, this way mum got the new Morrie with greatly reduced AUS import tax's.

Yes I got nearly 4 months holiday from school every 3 years (52,55,58,61) missing half of term 1, with 2 months on board ship each time, my headmaster from my AUS school put on my end of year report one time "Peter still thinks he is on holiday"!  

16 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

This is probably totally irrelevant, I lived in Aus as a kid from 1949 to 1962, then returned to England when dad was recalled (i saw the light & returned home to AUS 74, my Vitesse was shipped home late 73).

During the 50's we returned to the UK every 3 years on holiday, every time from the early 50's mum used to pick up a new Morrie from BMC in the UK but the actual new car was delivered on our arrival back in AUS, BMC loaned/leased/sold us a new car (& it was a new car don't know if it was registered in our name) whilst in the UK, this way mum got the new Morrie with greatly reduced AUS import tax's.

Yes I got nearly 4 months holiday from school every 3 years (52,55,58,61) missing half of term 1, with 2 months on board ship each time, my headmaster from my AUS school put on my end of year report one time "Peter still thinks he is on holiday"!  

Great story!

This car has always been in the UK, I have the original log book so have all the owner information. The guy I bought it from has owned it since 1965 (it hasn't been on the road since 1967), the first two owners were businesses in the Birmingham area (I'm the 5th owner....).

It means 'not for export'. There was a percentage of cars destined for the UK market, at a time when World-wide exports were the thing to bring money back to the UK, so that local UK buyers could have a slice of the cake. A number of each model of Triumph were always kept for the home market. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It means 'not for export'. There was a percentage of cars destined for the UK market, at a time when World-wide exports were the thing to bring money back to the UK, so that local UK buyers could have a slice of the cake. A number of each model of Triumph were always kept for the home market. 

Thank you....👍

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I wondered if it was something along those lines. Once again Colin comes up trumps!

I emailed BMIHT as to what is meant and this was what said....

Yes, more often than not, the dealer is recorded. However, sometimes you do just get 'Home Sales' or in your case 'Home sales reserve'. In these cases, I suspect the vehicle was not built for a specific order and so went to a reserve stock, ready to be distributed when the order came in. 

The build & registration dates are only two weeks apart, so didn't hang around as spare stock for too long.

Here's a couple of pics of the car, 2nd in the queue for restoration behind my Herald......I need to get a move on....😐

IMG_20240509_160520 (1).jpg

IMG_20240509_160535 (1).jpg

• Like 3

That’s an exciting project Darren and looks pleasingly straight from the photos! I’ve got a new to me GT6 that spent a similar amount of time on the road and the last 40 years waiting to be restored that I’m itching to get on with…

I like the ‘Stupid Sticker’ :D