Vitesse inner door pull screws

Evening all, just been given Vitesse wood door capping's for the Herald, had a test fit but need longer screws for the inner door pull/handle ( 2 counter sunk chrome ones )

Any one know what size thread they are so I can order some ?

Sorry to sound stupid but grown up with jap bikes & euro cars so lost when it come to imperial measurements !

Thanks, Steve.

Hi Steve.  I don’t have access to that info right now but Triumph did publish a catalogue of fastenings which includes thread types. It can be found n Vitesse Steves website and will be very useful to have in your library. Someone will be along soon with the answer you want.

Adrian

Looks like you want part 501652 which I think with this number means isnt a standard item as shown in that catalog. Canley show them as available to order so might be worth having a word....

3/16 UNF countersunk pozidrive. As for length.... go for about an inch. 3/4 may do but the longer screws can always be shortened if they foul anything inside the door. 

I got mine from Spalding Fasteners on eBay, just went for stainless and they look great, as you hardly notice they're not chromed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, ordered some last night from Spalding Fasteners, just need to rub down the capping's & varnish them, very good of the previous owner to give them to me free of charge, he's just happy the car is being looked after. 

Hopefully the existing varnish isnt bad and you can get away with just keying it. Otherwise you have the dilema of how to remove it without damaging the veneer which is very thin and easy to rub through...

Been there done that chipping the poly coating off trying not to damage the veneer, a painful job, others have just sanded it back to original wood and re-veneered it with their choice of veneer

41 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

Been there done that chipping the poly coating off trying not to damage the veneer, a painful job, others have just sanded it back to original wood and re-veneered it with their choice of veneer

The contours and grooves at the front end are the difficult part, in respect of trying to get veneer to sit properly and actually stick. I ended up just rubbing mine down lightly and revarnishing it hopefully to match the dash.

Ive just done my woodwork recently because of unforeseen circumstances where it spent at least 5 days under water. This caused a large amount of the original varnish to come off by itself but left the veneer good and the end result is brilliant. Dont know if I can recommend this method as the dash did warp a little but might be worth a go....