New member with a GT6

Hi, I am Nick and have just bought a 1971 GT6 Mk3.  

This is the first Triumph I have owned in 50 years and so my knowledge of Triumph and the GT6 is absolutely minimal.  I am now accumulating a string of questions to ask the experts.  Please bear with a Newbie if the questions have been answered many times before.

I understand that there is a monthly club meet at The Crown, Shillington, so I hope to meet a few of you there.

14195290_1018590474920331_12180968894790

Slight drift, 10 bodies at East Berks tonight and 8 cars! New bloke in a stunning white GT6 mk3, almost as nice as French Blue or, indeed, Mimosa.

New bloke, young, all his own teeth. We bantered over popular beat combos, he had to leave early but promised to come again.

The shims under the pivot brackets adjust camber and castor

If there are none under the tail bkt you have the wisbone with excesscaator and the

wheel closes towards the baulkhead , its balancing act of adding to get the right castor then

Add to correct the camber

You have mentioned the steering is heavy the castor could be miles out

pete

Good to see another Herts & Beds GT6! Looks like it's had a new rear spring?

Hope to see you at Duxford or The Crown,

Gully

Great to meet you and your GT6 at Duxford today.  Following your "new spring" comment about the raised rear end I have fitted spacers to the front springs to raise the front suspension and hopefully resolve the wheel fouling.