Body and chassis not matching - should I be concerned?

Red Devil

I recently purchased a mk2 gt6 without much research I must admit. Having now got it I've purchased the originality book and have found that the chassis/commission number quoted is an earlier mk2 but the body is a later one with the black windscreen surround, number plate/reverse light cluster, plastic grill etc. It doesn't particularly bother me as I love the car but is this likely to cause me problems in future if ever I did come to sell it or anything?

Thanks in advance for your advice/views.

Not really.

A few reasons why this may be the case. The obvious one is that "back in the day" those simple changes would have updated the car to make it look newer.A bit of paint and some bolt on bits, job done.

Another reason could be it was rebuilt and the owner wanted that loo, or the bits were the best condition etc.

I suppose it could have a chequered history if there are many other signs that it started life as a later car, and that possibility may concern some.

But if those are the only "incorrect for year" items, they can easily be swapped/changed.

I bought my GT6 in 1978 and the original V5 had it down as a convertible! I didn't have it changed to coupe' till the 90s. But it was easily corrected, DVLA were very good about their mistake. Another reason not to trust How Many Left, they are only as good as their original data and the DVLA in the 70s was a bit lax at the documentation.

my Vitesse had it as a converible when the com number was a saloon as built, the MOT had the reg  letters mixed back to front

easy to correct the V5  by sending a copy of the heritage certificate, but to get the MOT data base corrected was a nightmare

had to take the car a office in Northampton ( from memory)  and despite many early mot being correct the duff one was not going to be changed without the total loss of common sense.  the daft part is i had two years of MOT with the wrong reg on them, and the dvla  didn't notice the  mot didn't align with the V5 data   I would have expected an electronic MOT to throw up that the reg number was  non existent ,    all because the examiner must be dyslexic  or have fat fingers 

it took 6 month to correct it   why wasnt the   plods   vnpr  not flagging up i effectively had no MOT    !!!!

pete

Fortunately the V5 carries the correct numbers so is ok on that front. It was subject to a restoration about 16 years ago and I suspect the person has used the best bits from a second car. My main concern was that it may lead to issues in future but I've no intention of moving it on anyway having only just got it and I'd like to do a few upgrades myself at some point so it will never be a pure original car anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

it took 6 month to correct it   why wasnt the   plods   vnpr  not flagging up i effectively had no MOT    !!!!

pete

If they HAD picked up on it no doubt the complaint would have been "why didn't they realise it was DVLA's fault and not mine, why don't they go and pick on real criminals" etc etc. There's no pleasing some people!!