GT6 In Europe

Hi All,

For those of you that don't already know, my girlfriend Ella and I are currently on our tour of Europe in the GT6.

I was asked by a few of my TSSC Southern friends and others to consider doing a blog of the tour to act as (hopefully) an inspiration to others with the classics, and also I hope it'll be an interesting read for you all! We are currently 6 days into the tour and are currently in Bratislava!

Catch up on all the fun here --> http://gt6ineurope.co.uk

Henry

• Like 1

Nice read

Just back from a small tour ourselves to France and joined John Bonnet on the Grand Prix de Chinon half way through 1600 miles all in in the GT6. Only a few small issues with the car mainly due to the 40 degree heat but no breakdowns

Aidan

Thanks for the kind words John!

Doug - Haha, I have a few club members who would say the same thing, this is why we are doing the blog as mentioned! The water pump was really unexpected and began the night before we left which was a nightmare evening, knowing that the car was knackered and there was nothing we could do about it but we were driving it to Europe in the morning no matter what, having spent a lot of money on the tour so far, we couldn't just back out... The electrical fault turned out to be a blown fuse in the GPS speedos plug, so nothing of interest... It's a shame that the car's speedo died as it is new and was working brilliantly, it only managed 80 of 3000 miles!

Ella says thanks to all! Her instrument is percussion, as is mine, this is how we met!

Aidan - It's great to hear others are actually using the cars properly too! Since changing the water pump we've had no problems, the car is running with the temp gauge pointing at the H, but to be fair to the car, it is ridiculously hot here and I don't blame it, the heat is not causing any running issues at all though!

I enjoyed the German autobahns, found out what the top speed was, managed to cross 121 mph on the flat, could not push her any further, that was a dead limit at that speed! All fun and games!

Henry

Henry and Ella,

John Bonnett told me about the blog, so just sitting down with Maxeen to have a good read. I thought Wales was a long way. Getting the car ready for the GT6 meet in Frankfurt in October, but hope to see you before then. Have you seen the photo from our last meet? Look forward to chat later.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I'm glad you're reading the blog! Hopefully it'll keep you interested! This has been an incredible driving experience which no doubt I'll tell you all about in a few weeks in person! Frankfurt should be a fun trip, we stayed a night there on our way to Prague! I don't think I saw the photo, with the 5 GT6s?

We have just updated the blog today, well worth a read, just to see the photos from the long day of driving! Some absolutely mind blowing scenery + GT6 going on there!

Henry

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying your blog Henry and you are quite right, the scenery is mind blowing. Best of all you are there and enjoying  it with the GT6. Proof if any were needed that the car really is a Gran Turismo. 

Keep the photos and reports coming

John

Henry,

I spend a week most years in January arround Interlarken, and the Jungfrau region. My dream has been to drive that area in the GT6 in the summer. You have beaten me to it, but still the dream is there.

NeilF

Henry,

I spend a week most years in January arround Interlarken, and the Jungfrau region. My dream has been to drive that area in the GT6 in the summer. You have beaten me to it, but still the dream is there.

NeilF

Do we have the makings of a Fletcher tour here Neil? Far be it for me to invite myself along but I would look at it very favourably if asked to join you  :)

I tell you what, one way to make that drive better would be in a convoy!

Just thought I'd let you all know, we got back home safely, the GT6 is absolutely fine!

There will be a final blog post soon signing off when Ella and I get a chance!

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed the blog - thank you for taking the time to write up your experiences!

Sorry to learn your Disneyland Paris day didn't live up to expectations. Just bad timing I guess, as when we went in August last year the park was very quiet and characters were all over the place - our visit coincided with the Parisienne holiday period.

Not sure my wife would be able to pack light enough for a couple of weeks away in the GT6 - I suppose I might get away with going by myself...

Thanks,

Gully

Dick - Thanks for keeping up with the blog! I'll definitely tell you all about it in August!

Gully - We had two stops on our tour that had washing facilities, so we only had to take clothes for 33% of the time!

We have just released our final post on the blog now. http://gt6ineurope.co.uk Thanks all for your support!