My Spitfires History

Anglefire

It's a worrying (but predictable) development that the insurers are getting in on the absence of an MOT (when there is no statutory requirement for one) to influence agreed value - hope the Club is on to this and clarifies the position with all insurance panel members. Hiding it away in the small print is unhelpful for all concerned.

Gully

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anglefire said:

To be fair to Peter James it’s not in the small print. And it’s on the valuation form they sent (which is effectively the club one with their name on it. )

I'll be interested to see how they address renewals - my MOT is due in September and insurance renewal in October. My agreed valuation certificate has a year to run (and no such slippery caveat).

I detest insurance companies. Legalised extortion!

Gully

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KevinR said:

That clause has been in the PJ Ts&Cs for many years, its not new.

What is new though is the number of Club vehicles that now by law no longer require MOTs. So are they going to continue to offer agreed value insurance as part of the TSSC panel, or is it formally conditional on MOT status? I'm not fussed either way, but when insurance companies use the word 'may' it's there to give them a way out - they should be straightforward and clear.

Gully

• Like 2