Front Number Plate positioning - Vitesse

Paul H

Hi the library pic shows positioning of front number plates under the hole cutout in the front valance - The advantage being gained is extra rad ventilation , disadavantage being possible stones damaging the radiator .

The current number plate positioning on my Vitesse is half way up the hole cute out .

Which positioning is best ?

5af40d6a5bde2_numberplate.jpg.8a4cd7c72b160967904525c620fdb567.jpg

Paul 

With the introduction of the Vitesse in 1962 the original Herald front valance was modified to incorporate a trough and a central opening. This was done to accommodate the Vitesse radiator and to provide it with extra ventilation. Therefore this opening should not be obstructed.

Dave  

7 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

the best obstructed seems to be spit IV /1500  they get top marks for blanking the intake , there is the spoiler wing but !!!!  well designed ?????

just a online  pic.

image.jpeg.152245444e82f8425d91f001bdb79516.jpeg

When I first got my GT6 the number plate was similarly located. Made a huge difference moving it downwards - when it was immediately below the bumper the temps used to creep up when driving on faster roads and were generally higher.

Gully

My GT6 has the front plate where it should be, so only really gets hot in traffic, but that location does make the plate vulnerable to grass verges when three-point-turning after getting the navigation wrong on a 12-car. I'll try to avoid that tomorrow...