Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

14 hours ago, Paula said:

I’ve been delivering food for the last month. I’ve never been so strong! 

My daughter is having a year off before starting Uni in September (Yes it has been confirmed to be happening!) - so she got a job at Tesco's doing the Dot com shopping - she has been there since last September/October - on a 3 day 6am to 12 lunch contract - she has almost never just worked the 3 days and since the CV19 came along, has had her hours changed to 2am to 9am - and sometimes more (Sundays an hour less) - and 6 days a week is usual, 14 straight was common until recently too.

Anyway the comment was really that she has never been fitter - she was never fat - but now is like a racing whippet and has a stomach that you could iron on!

And she has a very healthy bank balance - she is about 2x over her target already and should be 3x by the time she leaves!

Oh and she gets 10% discount (Was 15% at the start of Covid) - which is very handy!

9 minutes ago, Anglefire said:

My daughter is having a year off before starting Uni in September (Yes it has been confirmed to be happening!) - so she got a job at Tesco's doing the Dot com shopping - she has been there since last September/October - on a 3 day 6am to 12 lunch contract - she has almost never just worked the 3 days and since the CV19 came along, has had her hours changed to 2am to 9am - and sometimes more (Sundays an hour less) - and 6 days a week is usual, 14 straight was common until recently too.

Anyway the comment was really that she has never been fitter - she was never fat - but now is like a racing whippet and has a stomach that you could iron on!

And she has a very healthy bank balance - she is about 2x over her target already and should be 3x by the time she leaves!

Oh and she gets 10% discount (Was 15% at the start of Covid) - which is very handy!

It’s great. I’ve lost 10lbs! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johny said:

It could be used with your overdrive but it's a major job. Also bit pricey for a non 2L box with no guarantees....

Yeah. I’ll stick to plan A of getting my box up to Pete.

It’ll be fun anyway! And I get to keep the original box, which is nice.

3 minutes ago, johny said:

Yes gearbox repair is really satisfying, well it is if it works afterwards🤔

I was immensely proud of my remote repair until I found out it hadn’t fixed the thing! 
I’m sure there’s something Schrödinger’s cat about that. 
( And yes I had to google that)

if its a mike papworth 4 sync  box its going to be far better than many out there .all the gears and synchros are usable 

all the internals are exactly the same as any 4syn   3 rail  box but does need the main shaft swapping for your OD one , easy  enough.

there may be  a MP 18mm mainshaft spigot  upgrade ???  no idea  , doesnt say  ,   that would be good but no use in your orig  OD  box  .

Pete

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

if its a mike papworth 4 sync  box its going to be far better than many out there .all the gears and synchros are usable 

all the internals are exactly the same as any 4syn   3 rail  box but does need the main shaft swapping for your OD one , easy  enough.

there may be  a MP 18mm mainshaft spigot  upgrade ???  no idea  , doesnt say  ,   that would be good but no use in your orig  OD  box  .

Pete

Looks like sticking with a trip to sunny luton is still on then. 

It would have been a shame to miss out on that anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

yes thats still on the calendar  ....when ????

Pete

I don't know. 

The government have not mentioned Gearboxes once during this whole crisis.

Such an omission!

I suppose it's up to you really. When you are happy to have a visitor i'll pop up.

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Paula said:

Engage smug mode.

So I think the clutch looks ok? Probably need a new rear mounting bracket?

Well done!

However: if you've gone that far, replace the clutch. You may as well, all of the hard work is done, and at least you'll know it's been replaced. Last thing you want is to have to take it all out again in a few years...

• Like 1