Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

Hello!
I've popped over from another forum and I like it here already. Some of you may know me from a very long and much loved (by me at least) thread named: Paula's Vitesse.

I'll still be adding to that i think as i'm not ready to let go yet.

Here's a video of me at Santa pod. Just for fun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Paula,

Nice car, apart from the furry dice, obviously. :lol:

Doug

I agree, furry dice - no class at all. On the other hand I have an Esso tiger tail hanging from the rear view mirror and that IS classy 

• Haha 1

I regret not running my GT6 down the strip at Triumphest a couple of years ago, but I didn't want to put my diff through it at the time! Rebuilt now - would have been good to have a spirited run up the hill at Shelsley Walsh, but clashes with a prior commitment so it's a saving grace it's only a parade anyway!

Good looking Vitesse 6 ?

Gully

• Like 1

On 03/06/2018 at 7:16 AM, Pete Lewis said:

Could have been a Tigers tail,  more suited to a Vit6

Pete

I found one of those Tiger Tails in a car once. Sadly it was in the tank and blocking the outlet.

nothing like putting a tiger in your tank... 

Sowing needle or bit of wire   strand  can work but often prodes the block back inside the jet

If you have the removable screw in jet take it out to clean it,  takes some faffing around to get the aim back to where you want it

Best to not use wash up liquid in sw as this goes solid in the tubes and jets

Pete

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

Sowing needle or bit of wire   strand  can work but often prodes the block back inside the jet

If you have the removable screw in jet take it out to clean it,  takes some faffing around to get the aim back to where you want it

Best to not use wash up liquid in sw as this goes solid in the tubes and jets

Pete

How do i know if i have the removable nozzle type?

2 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Paula,

Best to keep away from this topic, most of us old codgers on here have dribblers. I know Pete plans his Triumph outings via public facility to public facility.

Doug

The real trouble starts when you use pubs as public facilities. You can get into a dangerous feedback loop.

• Haha 1

Washer Jet Assembly - Original - Inc Nut Washer

this whats normally fitted the chrome jet head is screwed onto the brass extention,  you need 6 pairs of hands to get these off the car 

as hidden well under the scuttle    andjustment is by wiggling the jet ball again use a needle   ( No Doug dont even start)

not a simple task or for the faint hearted     

a good poke around with some thin wire should aid a dribble,    dont ask doug how i know that 

Pete

8 minutes ago, NonMember said:

I don't think that type would be fitted on a Vitessse. Certainly not on either of the ones I've owned. I'd expect it to be like these:

s-l300.jpg

They look short - Ive got the same as Pete has shown on my MK2 Vitesse - and yes they were a pig to fit 

Paul 

So its a prod with a whatever ,   then can you get a blow down the jet with a foot or bike pump by holding  valve tube over the jet?

If theres a non return valve in the bottle remove it first,  helps the flow back to the bottle

You cant do anything with the small ball inside the jet

Good luck

Pete