Window regulator spring behind or in front of door trim panel?

Adrian

Hi all

When I got my car it didn't have the door cards in so my question is when refitting, does the spring behind the window winder go behind or in front of the door card. Spitfires appear to go behind (as does the GT6 Haynes) whilst rimmers diagram and WSM shows it in front (although WSM doesn't categorically state model).  In all diagrams it shows the largest diameter of the cone on door side.

I know its not critical but would like to get it right.

Thanks

Adrian

this was discussed last week ,,the spring goes small end to the door carcass and big end to  spread the load on  the door card

the spring goes between card and door to apply  door card  pressure on the escutcheon which keeps the winder pin from falling out

to remove the pin press card towards the door to get the pin exposed  there now being a gap to the escutcheon and simply push  out the pin

as said many times never do this on grass !!!

pete

Thanks Chaps! Sorry if it repeated a question but I didn't notice anything in the recent tag lines.

I've tried it as suggested above and there is no tension on the handle once the securing pin is in place. Probably my issue as not sure if there is supposed to be a foam pad which sits behind the escutcheon?