Fuel tank / pipe compression fitting

Adrian Saunders

10 hours ago, Adrian Saunders said:

Can you bend Kunifer with a hand-held tool?

Certainly can with a decent hand held pipe bending tool, as it is formed / shaped to prevent kinking.

With 15mm upwards you need the correct blocks and shapers to form smooth bends.

reminds me when we first introduced robot ?? benders for some long pipe runs , the end of the pipe would fly around as it oriented the bends on 10ft long pipes 

pre formed to dodge all the chassis components 

spectacular on  preview day most stood too close and ended up with a whack a lot of ducking and  shouts...ah  the days of H & S 

we then took on nylon in 78 and all services had blue orange yellow but  out in store in open chassis the uv wrecked the nylon and all went to black pipes with the colours imprinted

so you could trace the service.  

pipe ends were a pressed in firtree which led to plastic slivers  they got fired down the lines to make air valves leak 

................ and we get them now 40 years on with the fuel lines  ....there's no escape

Pete

23 hours ago, Adrian Saunders said:

Can anyone beat £22 for 2.5 m

I mis-read the original info.

That is a dreadful price for 2.5M - the price I paid was for 7.5M

Similar to mine and is perfect for pipe 6mm to 12mm - the fact that you can use it to make any number of bends in any direction makes a DIY job very straight forward.

My box of fittings all the sleeve nuts have aprox 13mm of thread and the end is turned to the relief shown in you left  nut

The dangers of a full thread is in some applications the nut will bottom out thread bound and not clamp the tube 

The relief is there to ensure this doesnt happen  certailly if used on brake pipework..

Pete

On 8/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, Pete Lewis said:

My box of fittings all the sleeve nuts have aprox 13mm of thread and the end is turned to the relief shown in you left  nut

The dangers of a full thread is in some applications the nut will bottom out thread bound and not clamp the tube 

The relief is there to ensure this doesnt happen  certailly if used on brake pipework..

Pete

I could only engage two threads with the relieved nut so I went with non-relieved. 

On 8/17/2018 at 7:23 AM, Adrian Saunders said:

I could only engage two threads with the relieved nut so I went with non-relieved. 

I had the same problem with 1/4" olive in my Mk3 Spitfire's fuel tank. The relief on the nut was just too much to engage the threads.