Grandson in Spitfire

PeterH

Don't forget the guinea 

And the Yanks have a "penny" which I think is a cent? 

I use 'C for temperatures (centigrade - don't hold with the new fangled celsius) but 'F when its really hot - 90'f sounds much better than 32'C - but 0'C sound much colder than 32'F :) 

As I said in second post. I'd take him any time, but this mother (daughter-in-law) insists on wrapping in cotton wool. Next time we child mind - but he's bound to tell her then I'll be deep trouble. My Mini doesn't have rear seat belts - 1979 - no fixings , but that's another story.

13 hours ago, Anglefire said:

And the Yanks have a "penny" which I think is a cent? 

According to my computer we no longer speak English it's American or American English.

Having said that, I suppose a large percentage of the population doesn't speak English, either... :)

seems there is little clues for 2 seater cars most sites seem to leave them out when they are quite prolific and needs spelling out , yes they are just front seats 

but i get the feeling we would all be safer if we all face rearwards   and Im the wrong age for my height 

we cant avoid safety responsibilities but too much nanny state cotton wool wrapping seems inevitable when in a car , but you can fall off your fairy cycle go  cliff  jumping 

swimming   boating and a whole host of quite dangerous activities with little or no controls  till you get in a motor car     

accepting common  sense is very variable but what happend to the guy steering his 206 with mole grips sitting on a bucket   some rules are just never considered

Pete